Thursday 15 November 2012

And so it begins…

Embark
Panic 
Imagine
Countdown

It is now just one week until my departure date and I don’t think that the reality of what I am about to embark on has hit me fully yet. I’m traveling around pretty much all of South America for the next seven months, and I definitely feel that at this stage I should be panicking or stressing, or in some way gibbering over how under-prepared I am. Instead I’m currently exuding a fabulous air of calm and nonchalance - shur I do this kind of thing all the time like. Yea right!

Right now I’m imagining: no more work (yay!), no long dreary winter nights (birrr!), heck - no winter full stop (woo-hoo!), no Munster home games (grrr!), no Taytos (gulp!), no going to see the anxiously awaited The Hobbit in the cinema (boo!), no Christmas at home with the entire family (that’s going to be a very difficult first!), no Heineken Cup final on home soil in the Aviva (for feck sake!). Instead I’m content to trade all the plush creature comforts of home for half a year of untold adventure, a 20kg backpack, overlanding with 21 like-minded travelers and visiting oodles of scenic places that up until now I have only dared to dream about.

The proposed route is as follows:


































WK 01 TO 07: Argentina, Chile, Paraguay
WK 08 TO 14: Brazil
WK 15 TO 17: Venezuela
WK 18 TO 19: Colombia
WK 20 TO 21: Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
WK 22 TO 24: Peru
WK 25 TO 26: Bolivia
WK 27 TO 28: Uruguay & return to Argentina
 
T minus seven days and counting….

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe! I will try and give you updates re matches, and a review of the hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not missing much on the Munster side of things so far. lost last night to Scarlets in terrible weather, final score 6-13. but good news for the Irish squad. beat Argentina 46-24 on Saturday. got something like 7 tries. it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete