Sunday 26 May 2013

Buenos Días Bolivia! (and yet another Copacabana)

Eggy burps
Pedelo
Irresponsible
Copacabana

Seem to have been hit with (possibly) Giardia, a nasty parasite that is making its way through the group. Worst symptom has got to be the eggy burps - they are incredibly nasty and stomach churning. Although honesty I'm not a fan of the excessive gas symptom either. How good am I to share this info! It's funny because after being together as a group for so long, we have now completely lost the decorum of what is appropriate talk and what should be left unsaid. Bowel movements seem to perfectly acceptable conversations to have in the morning - I can't say that I concur with this. In fact I think we have become far too comfortable in each other's company.

To be fair though, the altitude is completely killing us. The guys are delighted as they now have genuine reasons to trump on the truck, and do so with a matter of pride. Others are too terrified to fart in case they may accidentally get a bit more than they bargained for - eeew!!! Apologies, see what I mean, there is no filter. I'm digressing and it's not pleasant, so let's get back on track.

Crossed the border and headed into Bolivia, our port of call being Copacabana. The main attraction here is to go see Isla del Sol and Isla del Luna. I was contemplating doing this trip, however due to the illness, I was feeling rather fragile and so hung around the town instead.

Enjoyed a late breakfast, rested in the hotel room, then headed off at midday to check out the town, markets and have a tiny lunch of just a plate of chips. Felt a bit queasy after eating, so I returned to the hotel to try and sleep it off. A little after half five I ambled down to the beach front to watch the sunset. A few of the group also descended upon my location and we decided to rent two pedelos and catch the sunset at sea. Ken, Robin and Geoff commanded one boat, while Rogan, Francois, Jeanne and myself took Donald Duck out. Ken does an amazing Donald Duck impersonation, so once he saw our boat, all we could hear was his gibberish tones across the water. Unfortunately I must report that a lot of drink driving did occur as the guys had nabbed beers from the truck before heading to the beachfront. Irresponsible I know, but thankfully they are fairly lax about drunken pedelo driving here in Bolivia. We had great fun on the pedelos, Jeanne and myself especially as we were being chauffeured about the place. Played dodgems with the second boat but didn't continue for too long in case we caused a leak (the boats didn't look too stable). Enjoyed a pretty sunset and headed ashore for dinner.

Next up is La Paz!























No comments:

Post a Comment